- Bunk bed parts from the Kings, Durham, NC.
- Arm rests from Burch St, Durham, thanks to Brooks of Minerva Design.
- Chair parts (The two sides)- curb-picked, Durham.
- White arm spindles- out of a curb-picked headboard, Durham.
- Green beadboard face- Curb-picked, Sunset Ave, Durham.
- Green Veneer heart- from a curb-picked deco biscuit cabinet, Durham.
This is the fourth in a series of benches made from curb – picked chairs. Of the other three, one resides in Durham, another in Cary, and the third is at The Haw River Ballroom in Saxapahaw. The two sides are pieces of a chair found on the curb on Club Boulevard in Durham. The seat and back are made from salvaged bunkbed pieces. The spindles for the arms are from another salvage bed off the curb in Durham, and the arms I made from 1920s bead board. There are little touches of decoration – a tin heart and veneer heart with a penny on the seat back , and some antique hinge pin caps on the top posts. The frame is made from salvaged flooring and beadboard from Durham, 1920's/30s. This piece is like a quilt n 3D made of cool found things. Materials list: